The laboratory staff leads or participates on a number of research projects. They are on one hand contributions to knowledge about all aspects of geology of Bohemian Massif as well as other areas, on the other hand targeting various environmental systems and issues. Substantial effort is also invested in implementation and further development of isotope determination methods.
The following are main projects recently solved:
- Moldavite formation: unconventional components and processes indicated by isotopic fractionation, led by T. Magna, GAČR, 2013-2016
- Magnesium isotope record of Phanerozoic marine carbonates: Implications for chemical evolution of seawater and the formation of massive dolomites, led by J. Farkaš, 2012 - 2014
- Continental lithosphere as a source of differentiated alkaline lavas and genetic role of basic magmas – constraints from volcanism of the Ohře Graben, led by T. Magna, GAČR, 2012 – 2015
- Cr isotopes as an indicator of self-purification of contaminated waters: Technological solution utilizing mass spectrometer, led by M. Novák, TAČR, 2011 – 2014
- Granulitization of the moldanubian lower crust: geochemical characteristic of protolites and metamorphic changes during variscien orogeny, led by V. Janoušek, GAČR, 2011 – 2013